How Does KP Scrub Work?
The best way to address KP, keratosis pilaris, is to both chemically and physically exfoliate the rough, bumpy skin. This topical, cosmetic process can smooth the skin by removing the keratinous plugs in the hair follicle. KP is a skin disorder characterized by the appearance of red bumps typically found on the backs on thighs, arms, and butt. KP is thought to be caused by abnormal follicular keratinization so consistent exfoliation is key to minimize the buildup of dead skin cells.
The Formula That Makes Our KP Body Smoother Unique
Our KP scrub contains 5% glycolic acid, volcanic sand and microcrystalline cellulose to smooth bumps and textured skin while a nourishing blend of kukui, coconut and macadamia oils hydrate and moisturize.
- 5% Glycolic Acid - the smallest of the alpha hydroxy acids that chemically exfoliates by loosening the glue between dead skin cells. A potent 5% glycolic acid formulated at a low pH helps our formula to actively even skin tone and texture while enhancing skin radiance.
- Pumice - a volcanic mineraloid refined to the optimal size to physically exfoliate and slough off dead skin cells loosened by glycolic acid.
- Volcanic Sand - a physical exfoliant that buffs away rough patches to reveal brighter, more radiant-looking skin.
- Microcrystalline Cellulose - an efficient physical exfoliant that mechanically removes dead skin cells to reduce the appearance of pesky bumps and dry, rough patches.
- Nourishing Oil Blend - kukui nut oil, coconut oil, and macadamia seed oil nourish and moisturize the skin.
Glycolic Acid for KP
To aid in the physical and mechanical removal of dead skin cells by physical exfoliating agents, we added glycolic acid to our KP body scrub. Glycolic acid loosens the glue that binds corneocytes, superficial skin cells of the stratum corneum, together. This chemical exfoliant sets the stage for the physical buffing agents to mechanically remove the surface dead skin cells revealing fresh, even skin below. This not only improves skin texture but skin tone and radiance.
Benefits of Using a KP Body Scrub:
- Sloughs away dead surface skin
- Reduces the appearance of pesky bumps and dry rough patches
- Improves the radiance and luminosity of skin
- Hydrates and moisturizes the skin
How Often Should You Use a KP Scrub?
For best results, use a KP scrub 1-2 times a week or as needed and tolerated by your skin. KP scrubs are potent products exfoliating both physically and chemically to help reveal fresh and smooth skin. You should not use one more than once a day and should reduce frequency if tingling or redness occurs. Follow with a lotion to reduce skin dryness and to lock in moisture. Patch test prior to use is advised.